Sudanese abroad: ‘AU-IGAD-UNITAMS negotiations legitimise coup regime’
The United Sudanese Revolutionary Forces Abroad (USRFA), a revolutionary coordination body of more than 31 Sudanese bodies and entities across the world, expressed their disappointment and rejection of the Trilateral AU-IGAD-UNITAMS negotiations with the coup government.
In their statement on June 11, the USRFA centre were steadfast in their opposition of any talks that sought to legitimise the coup government and exonerate “those who committed unspeakable atrocities in Sudan”.
The various signatories also used the statement as an opportunity to highlight the sacrifices of the “millions of peaceful protesters across Sudan, tirelessly putting their lives and wellbeing in grave danger”.
According to the USRFA, anything other than the complete rejection of the AU-IGAD-UNITAMS negotiations, would “only maintain and strengthen the set back by the coup regime”.
The organisation concluded their statement by reiterating that, they stood firmly with the people of Sudan in their goals to end the coup, establish a civilian-led democratic government, and ensure the military return to their barracks.
Since the initial 26 signatories of the United Sudanese Revolutionary Forces Abroad, at least another five organisations have joined, but their names have not yet been released.
- Sudanese Working Group
- Sudanese gather abroad to support revolution
- British and Irish Engineers Union
- International Committee Against Dams
- Nubian Assembly of the Gulf
- Sudanese-American Women’s Organization in Washington
- Janjawedi military coup resistance platform in Queensland, Australia
- Sudanese Assembly in Belgium
- Sweden Revolution Support Network
- Philadelphia Democratic Alliance
- New Jersey Centre for Democracy and Peace
- Sudanese Group of Victims of Torture
- Sudanese Front for Change
- Sudanese Network for Human Rights - Observer
- Popular Campaign for Rights and Duties
- Al Shayeb Cultural Forum
- Norway Revolution Support Initiative
- Our people movement in the United States of America
- A platform for freedom, peace, and justice in the displaced
- Former judges gather
- Officers describe arbitrarily dismissed officers and soldiers and police pensions (Tomorrow’s Gathering )
- Sudanese Magdrin Pulpit
- Voice of the Intifada Radio
- Southern California Cultural Forum
- Sudanese Women’s Union of the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Sudanese Club of Berlin
Back to overview