The Government of North Darfur denied reports of clashes with the forces of Minni Minawi in Dar es Salaam and Shangil Tobayi on Tuesday. Hafez Alfa, Minister of Information and spokesman of the state government, said in an interview with Radio Dabanga, that there was no fighting with the movement. Rather, the governor and some officials were visiting the region. The delegation traveled on that day, aiming to visit to ensure peace and security. He said that the visit was successful. The delegation, however, was accompanied by a large force, which initially caused the citizens to fear that it was an invasion force that wanted to enter Shangil Tobayi. For his part, Minni Arko Minawi, President of the Sudan Liberation Movement, said that his forces fought with the government troops in Shangil Tobayi in North Darfur. He explained that the reason was a provocation by Governor Osman Kibir, who attempted to visit the militia commander of Shearia, whom Minawi blamed for burning the area of Khor Abeche last week. In an interview with Radio Dabanga, Minawi explained that he had sent his forces to attack the government forces under the commander of the Shangil Tobayi area.