Skip to main content
Independent news from the heart of Sudan
Watch live

Boy dies as Sudanese MiG strafes Jebel Marra farms

January 26 - 2015 EAST JEBEL MARRA
A MiG-29 of the Sudanese Air Force (file photo)
A MiG-29 of the Sudanese Air Force (file photo)

A boy was killed in an air raid on farmlands near Khazan Tunjur in East Jebel Marra today. About 56 families from the area, who arrived at the Kabkabiya camps in North Darfur, are in dire need of aid.

A farmer told Dabanga from Khazan Tunjur that Abdelgader Omar (8) from Goz Dor village was killed, when a bomb dropped by a MiG fighter jet of the Sudanese Air Force exploded near to him.

He and other sources reported that at the same time, an Antonov bombarded the area south and west of Deribat.

Some 56 families who fled attacks by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces on their villages in East Jebel Marra, reached the camps for the displaced near Kabkabiya town, last week.

A sheikh of El Salam camp A in Kabkabiya told Dabanga that the camp coordinators submitted a list with the names of the newly displaced to representatives of the UN World Food Programme, the Sudanese Humanitarian Affairs Commission, and the Sudanese Red Crescent, but “up to now, no relief has been provided”.


Back to overview