An Emergency Court has been established in the Sudanese capital of Khartoum, to deal with cases related to the State of Emergency proclaimed in Sudan on Friday. President Al Bashir has issued decrees appointing a new State Minister at the Ministry of Defence, and announcing new appointments to the Sudan Joint Staff Command.
The establishment of the Emergency Court was announced yesterday by Chief Justice Abdelmajid Idris. Attorney General, Omar Ahmed Mohamed, issued a decree for the establishment of emergency prosecution offices in Khartoum state and all the Sudan’s other states, in accordance with his authorities and in compliance with the General Prosecution Act for the year 2017.
The official Sudan News Agency (SUNA) reports that President Omar Al Bashir has issued five new Emergency Orders by which he authorised the Attorney General to establish emergency prosecutions and issue the rules governing the procedures for investigation, appeal, and the authority to report on the removal of immunities for those who are accused of crimes punishable under the Emergency and Public Safety Act.
SUNA further reports that Al Bashir, issued Republican Decrees and decisions to appoint Lt Gen Esameldin Mubarak as the State Minister at the Ministry of Defence, and promoting Brig Gen Abdelfattah El Burhan to the rank of Lt Gen.
President Al Bashir also made the following appointments to the Joint Staff Command:
- Lt Gen Kamal Abdelmaarouf as the Chairman of the Joint Staff Command;
- Lt Gen Hashim Abdelmuttalab Ahmed as the Deputy Chairman of the Joint Staff Command;
- Lt Gen Abdelfattah El Burhan as the Armed Forces’ Inspector;
- Gen (pilot) Salah Abdelkhalig Saeed as the Chairman of the Air Forces Command;
- Gen Mohamed Osman El Hussein as the Chairman of the Ground Forces Command;
- Gen (navy) Abdallah El Fardi as the Chairman of the Naval Forces Command;
- Gen Shamseldin Kabbashi as the Chairman of the Joint Operations Command;
- Gen Mustafa Mohamed Mustafa as the Chairman of the Military Intelligence Command.
The President also issued decrees on promotion of the following officers to the rank of General:
Maj Gen (advisor) Eisa Idris Babiker, Maj Gen Munawar Osman Nugud, Maj Gen Yasir Abdelrahman, Maj Gen Mohamed Ibrahim, and Maj Gen (accountant) (Dr) Esam Khalid.
Retired Maj Gen El Naeem Khidir, and Maj Gen El Tayeb El Musbah, are to be returned to service with promotion to the rank of General.
The new State Minister at the Ministry of Defence, Lt Gen Isameldin Mubarak, was sworn in Wednesday at the Guest House before Al Bashir, and in presence of First Vice-President Lt Gen Awad Ibn Auf, National Prime Minister Dr Mohamed Tahir Eila, and Chief Justice Abdelmajid Idris.