The deadline for application is January 31, 2024, provided that the applicant resides outside Sudan.
Dabanga – Radio TV Online is working to improve the way it communicates on-air so that it can more effectively keep people informed and promote its journalism to a wider audience. Dabanga is looking for an Arabic speaking audio imaging producer for its radio and online platforms.
The position requires an audio producer who can connect with audiences, understands Sudanese contemporary culture, and Dabanga’s diverse range of listeners – both broadcast radio and online. Everyday Sudanese who traditionally have been excluded from media participation, youth, and women. Dabanga is working to improve its programming so that it better represents communities that are geographically, economically, and socially marginalized, and provides agency for Sudanese as part of efforts to transition Sudan to peace and democracy.
Dabanga is looking for someone with the skills to make its on-air sound entertaining as well as educational and to promote a trusted and dynamic news and information organization that is serving the people of Sudan. The role will encompass creating brand imaging idents and promos, informational campaigns, program and content trailers and promos, as well as advertising promos for external clients. This content will be used on ‘Radio Dabanga’, the Dabanga website, and its social media platforms. The Imaging producer will also contribute to Dabanga’s arts and cultural content, as there will be opportunities to create programmes and to curate Dabanga’s automated music playout.
Due to the current situation in Sudan, the position will initially be based outside Sudan; preferably at Dabanga’s production centre in Amsterdam, however remote working from other countries can be considered.
The Audio Imaging Producer will be responsible for creating high-quality imaging and branding elements for Radio Dabanga and its online sites. The Audio Imaging Producer must have a passion for radio (audio) imaging and production, with a keen eye for detail and a creative approach to sound design.
There three main areas of work are:
- Create new and develop existing radio station brand imaging. Emphasizing Dabanga’s editorial values and signposting content.
- Create the audio content on branding campaigns to stop spread of hate speech and on Dabanga’s editorial position.
- Create template programme and presenter promotions for use on air and social media, that can be regularly updated by programme producers (daily/weekly).
- Collaborate with the Head of Programmes and production teams to develop and execute imaging and branding strategies for the radio station.
- Produce high-quality imaging elements for on-air use, including jingles, promos, sweepers, and other audio content.
- Edit and manipulate audio content to create unique and engaging imaging elements.
- Record and produce voiceovers for use in imaging elements for Radio Dabanga and Dabanga’s TV platform spots and teasers.
- Ensure all imaging and branding elements comply with Dabanga mission and vision, as well as any legal requirements.
- Ensure Radio Dabanga’s promotional content is also distributed in different formats across different platforms.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Sudanese politics, current affairs, society, and culture
- Understanding and commitment to follow and uphold Dabanga’s values and editorial guidelines.
- Understanding of broadcast, website and social media audiences that is demonstrated by creative and diverse ideas, treatments, and writing.
- Excellent audio production and creative writing skills, with the ability to write creatively and effectively to get information to Dabanga’s target audiences that increases their engagement with, as well as knowledge and understanding of complex issues.
- Creative audio technical skills that maximise audience understanding, engagement, and entertainment.
- Ability to plan, sequence, multitask to tight deadlines.
Please send the following via email to [email protected] by 31 January 2024. with the subject line “Audio Imaging Producer”:
- A CV with a cover letter explaining how you would be suitable the role.
- A 450-word critique (written in Arabic) saying why and how you would improve Radio Dabanga’s on-air station sound, https://www.dabangasudan.org/radio-player/index.html .
- A 3-minute audio showreel of your previous work.
Please note that the consultant can NOT be based in Sudan.
Dabanga – Radio TV Online is committed to ensuring gender equality, inclusion, and diversity within our organisation. People of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, colours, religions, national origins, abilities, and age are eligible for this position.
|Audio Imaging Producer
|Job Summary: The Audio Imaging Producer will be responsible for creating high-quality imaging and branding elements for Radio Dabanga, including jingles, promos, sweepers, and other audio content. They must have a passion for radio imaging and production, with a keen eye for detail and a creative approach to sound design. Key Responsibilities: Collaborate with the Head of Programmes and production teams to develop and execute imaging and branding strategies for the radio station. Produce high-quality imaging elements for on-air use, including jingles, promos, sweepers, and other audio content. Edit and manipulate audio content to create unique and engaging imaging elements. Record and produce voiceovers for use in imaging elements for Radio Dabanga and Dabanga’s TV platform spots and teasers. Ensure all imaging and branding elements comply with Dabanga mission and vision, as well as any legal requirements. Ensure Radio Dabanga’s promotional content is also distributed in different formats across different platforms.
|Working with and as directed by Head of Programmes: Know and understand Dabanga – Radio TV and Online’s strategic aims for target audience and audience acquisition.Review Radio Dabanga’s on-air imaging promotional strategy and policy across all audio platforms – to ensure:It is on trend/up to date. It is scheduled to increase listener number and continued listening. It is designed, reflects, and is scheduled to target all sections of Dabanga’s audience.As decided in the review – produce and schedule on-air branding/station sound and promotional content to the highest production standards and deadlines, so that it best promotes Radio Dabanga and substantially increases audience numbers and time spent listening.Ensure that annual on-air branding/station sound and promotional content is uploaded and/or programmed; and that editors and producers understand policy and directives.
|As directed by Head of Programmes: Support Head of Programmes and Editor in Chief is planning, designing, and sequencing/scheduling public information campaigns as part of Dabanga’s on air branding – for example ethical journalism values and countering misinformation.Produce audio content for public information campaigns and public information branding for use across all platforms.Design, schedule and produce program promotions to air on all Dabanga’s platforms for each of Dabanga’s broadcast programmes. When necessary, work with programme producers/editors to ensure they provide fresh content on a weekly basis to update and refresh their programme promos.In consultation with programme editors/producers – design, schedule and produce longer programme promos (up to 2-minutes) that recap/repeat and summarise and condense information and programme highlights – as part of Dabanga’s aim to inform and educate in an accessible and entertaining manner.Complete production logs and monitoring and evaluation formsListen, monitor, and review content.Attend review meetings – monthly and when scheduled by Head of ProgrammesMaintain an up-to-date library of imaging elements and branding materials.
|Weekly / Daily
|Be fully up to date on all news and events in Sudan – including cultural.When required, attend daily/weekly program review meeting.Communicate and coordinate on daily basis with website, and social media teams to promote and distribute different formats content, across different platforms.Observe good working discipline:Use and follow the Dabanga work schedule as a guide to planned working hours and daily tasks.Report if sick or unavailable before each working day begins.Understand and follow the Dabanga security SOPS.Use digital audio recording, broadcast and editing technology to a high standard.