Skip to main content
Independent news from the heart of Darfur and Sudan
Watch live

Sudan's Consensus Forces not invited to Addis

August 20 - 2015 KHARTOUM
Siddig Yousef (sudanforum.net)
Siddig Yousef (sudanforum.net)

The National Consensus Forces (NCF) announced that its member parties will not participate in the meeting between the AU High-level Implementation Panel (AUHIP) and the Sudanese opposition forces in the Ethiopian capital on Friday.

Siddig Yousef, prominent member of the NCF, a coalition of opposition parties, told Radio Dabanga that the AUHIP did not extend an invitation to all signatories of the Sudan Appeal.

The NCF signed the Sudan Appeal, a two-page political communiqué calling for regime-change, in Addis Ababa on 3 December last year, together with the Sudan Revolutionary Front rebel alliance, the National Umma Party, and the Civil Society Initiative.

“The coming meetings the AUHP team should take care and send invitations to each signatory of the Sudan Appeal. Now it looks like Mbeki (chairman of the AUHIP) tries to divide the Sudanese opposition,” Yousef said.

“It would be good too if the AU mediation team would enclose an agenda of the meeting, so that the participants can prepare themselves well,” he added.


Back to overview