Skip to main content
Independent news from the heart of Darfur and Sudan
Watch live

Rebels claim killing of govt. troops in Sudan's Blue Nile

December 9 - 2015 BAU
Rebel fighters of the SPLM-N in Blue Nile (Peter Muller/New York Times)
Rebel fighters of the SPLM-N in Blue Nile (Peter Muller/New York Times)

The Sudan People's Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) claims the killing of seven government troops and the wounding of others in an attack on a military convoy in Blue Nile state earlier this week.

The convoy was on its way from Ahmar Shadak to Wad Abok in the western part of Bau locality, SPLM-N spokesman Arnu Ngutulu Lodi said in a statement on Tuesday.

The rebel fighters destroyed one Land Cruiser loaded with weapons, and seized large quantities of ammunition and explosives.

The SPLM-N said that its forces will continue to monitor “the movements of the National Congress Party militias, to prevent them from attacking civilians and their property in Blue Nile state, especially during the current harvest which the Khartoum regime intends to thwart”.

Radio Dabanga could not reach government officials in Sudan to confirm Lodi's account. 


Back to overview